There is a lot to write news about, so let’s start at the beginning:
- Deposition of terpenes to vegetation – a paradigm shift towards bidirectional VOC exchange?
- Off-season carbon dioxide exchange of a temperate mountain grassland
- Interannual and seasonal variability of CH4 and N2O exchange over a temperate mountain grassland
- The response of European tree species to drought: a meta-analysis
- Drought induced methanol emission from grassland
- Carbon storage potential of a managed mountain grassland – Inverse modelling and uncertainty analysis
- Leaf oxygen isotope exchange in water vapour and carbon dioxide of Fagus sylvatica under field conditions
Stefanie Hörbst and Felix Spielmann did measurements as part of a course at the University of Innsbruck comparing air temperatures in urban and rural environments. They had the opportunity to explain their work to a wider audience during their appearance in the Tirol Heute weather forecast. Here are some pics, and there’s even a video.